DignityUSA remains committed to the health and safety of our members, supporters, and friends. We are constantly monitoring the state of the Covid-19 pandemic, the emergence of new variants, and the advice of public health and government officials in areas where we are conducting or planning activities. Due to the nature of the communities we serve, DignityUSA takes a more cautious approach than many other organizations.
As of now, DignityUSA is moving forward with plans to hold our 25th national conference in person in San Diego, CA July 8-10, 2022. We will continue to evaluate this plan in the weeks and months ahead and will stay in communication with our community. Please check our publications, the conference website, and emails regularly for important updates.
Below is important information about the policies we have adopted for our conference, and all in-person gatherings sponsored by DignityUSA.
- DignityUSA is requiring that all conference participants are fully vaccinated, according to CDC standards in effect at the time of the conference for their personal situation. All participants should expect to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at the conference registration booth (vaccination card, photo, or approved app) and must follow public health measures required during the event (masks indoors).
- Fully vaccinated means completing a CDC or WHO-approved vaccination protocol 14 days in advance of the conference’s opening. Therefore, all participants must have their final dose of the vaccine by June 24, 2022, or earlier if participating in any pre-conference activities.
- Due to the fact that our conference is a multi-day event, a negative COVID-19 test or proof of antibodies will not be accepted as a substitution for being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those with a qualifying medical condition or disability who are unable to be vaccinated may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your personal situation.
- By registering for the in-person portion of this event, you agree to abide by this policy, will be prepared with appropriate proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and agree not to come to the conference if you are exhibiting symptoms, have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or have otherwise been instructed to quarantine or isolate.
- DignityUSA will work to ensure there is plenty of space for all participants to distance during our conference and will hold community meals outdoors to the extent feasible. We are planning all sessions, liturgies, and social events with safety protocols in mind. We expect that a mask mandate will be in place for all indoor events and will provide details on this closer to the start of the conference. We will have masks available for those who misplace theirs.
If you would like to review the health and safety protocols in place at the Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, you can do so here.